Patient Consent and Legal Reporting in Health Care” Please respond to the following:
- * From the scenario, evaluate the efficacy of both the documentation protocols requiring patient consent by physicians and the legal reporting requirements, as they apply to protecting patientsâ€™ rights. Examine the primary way in which such documentation could help both physician and patient in the event of litigation.
- Analyze the major professional roles that physicians and nurses play, as they apply to following the requirement for obtaining patient consent. Examine the process whereby health care professionals can legitimately challenge patientsâ€™ rights to refuse treatment, based on the condition of verbal, written, or implied consent.
Patient Rights and HIV / AIDS” Please respond to the following:
- * From the scenario, analyze the concept of patientsâ€™ rights, and ascertain the key concerns of physicians and nurses as they apply to patients with AIDS. Speculate on the major ways in which such overlapping concerns from health professionals may influence legal decisions in patient treatment.
- Summarize the overarching connections between patientsâ€™ rights and patientsâ€™ resulting responsibilities concerning HIV / AIDS. Determine the primary ways in which the professional roles that physicians and nurses play are affected as they treat patients with HIV / AIDS.
Procreation and Ethical Dilemmas in Health Care” Please respond to the following:
- * From the scenario, examine the concept of health care ethics, and ascertain the fundamental way in which such concepts apply to procreation-related issues. Speculate on the major ramifications of using moral principles to make decisions concerning such issues.
- Consider the concept of ethics in health care predicated on ethical theories and moral theories, and explore the connection of such ethics with ethics committee decision making. Rationalize the primary concerns of conception, wrongful birth, and abortion from the perspective of health care professionals who must make these decisions.
End-of-Life Issues and Professional Liability Insurance” Please respond to the following:
- * From the scenario, analyze the concept of patientsâ€™ rights and the concerns of physicians and nurses, as they apply to patients facing end-of-life decisions. Give your opinion on whether or not health care professionals are suitably educated in the sensitive nature of end-of-life and patient expectations. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze the major connections between liability of professionals, insurance policy coverage, and settlement of claims due to health care liability issues. Consider the concept of insurance coverage denial, and ascertain the manner in which such denial is built upon the limitation clauses and conditions set forth by the insurance provider.
Course Wrap-Up and Reflection” Please respond to the following:
- From the various scenarios presented throughout the course, analyze the concepts of patientsâ€™ rights and the overall concerns of physicians and nurses, as they apply to 21st Century American patients. Speculate on the major ways in which these overlapping concerns from all health care professions may influence legal decisions in patient treatment.
- Reflect on the contribution of this course to your overall knowledge of health care administration. Examine the entire process, and determine whether the concepts presented within this course have made you reconsider your perception of patient rights in U.S. health care.
health care (Law ) 5 Disscussion questions